
Aw, man... I told myself I'd never start one of these, and here I am starting one. So hypocritical. The title is an homage to Bill Maher's editorial on "Real Time" the other night. He was talking about how this White House wiretapping scandal is actually a moot point because Americans aren't interested in privacy anymore. We'd welcome someone tapping onto our phones because most of the time even the person on the other end probably isn't listening to us. He rants on about how we are all whiny and desperate for attention, like "Please listen to me, watch my movie, READ MY BLOG..." I absolutely think he's got a good point, but here I am on Blogger just the same. Ah, so much for privacy.
One reason I decided this must be a good idea is that I've now got a place to post all my obnoxious photos of my child! Chamina's growing up so quickly, I feel like I've missed golden opportunities to show her off (I've been a bad momma!). This is like the updated version of brag books, which mothers everywhere have lurking somewhere just waiting for some unsuspecting person to say "do you have any pictures of your baby?" Then that brag book gets busted out and it's an hours-long discussion of why said baby is the greatest little miracle in the world.
Another reason this must be a good idea is I love reading the blogs of people I care about and don't get to see very often! I figure if I love reading their thoughts, they might be interested in some of mine as well. Plus, they'll get to see lots of pictures of my adorable child. =) I guess it's not as good as an old-fashioned phone call or visit, but it's the next-best thing. It's pretty easy, too. Shout-outs and THANKS to Paco Doggie, Flamboba, and Sonzuzu for the inspiration!
Anyway, I really don't have much else to add, so I'd better figure out how to post those pictures...
These are photos from awhile back.
Check out that mug!
The requisite cake-on-the-face photo from her first birthday
2 comments:
Yay Famini! I am so glad you have joined the world of mommy-blogging. You're so right about the privacy thing - but I DON'T CARE! And I'm happy to finally be able to share in your mommy experiences. I have to admit you're an inspiration to me when it comes to parenting. (Awwww....) Anyway, happy blogging, and I'm sure we'll hook up soon!
yay! we're all onboard with the blogging! i said i'd never do this either, because it makes me nervous to put pictures and my privacy out there in space. but i figure if i limit it to only a few close folks, we'll be ok. besides, i feel so connected to you guys by doing reading and sharing too. loaf!
Post a Comment