Scrolling through my assorted (namely, 3) favorite mommy-blogs, I noticed a sad trend. Then I noticed it on my own blog, too. There are tons of photos of silly babies & toddlers, dads & grandparents, but hardly any of the mommas! Come on, now!
But I can't say anything because I'm now afraid of cameras. I know exactly why I don't have any recent photos of me and Chamina- I'm too darn fat to be presentable! I know we women all have our body hang-ups, but mine are real. Seriously. It doesn't help that all around me are women who've had a zillion (okay, maybe 1 or 2) kids then went ZIP right back into their old bodies after the baby was born! Geez! Of course, they probably don't eat huge portions of rice & sinigang like I do, or sit on their bums typing away instead of exercising. But I digress...
So, in celebration of mommas everywhere, I'm posting pictures of some of you who are too shy to post your mugs on your own blogs. I even put one of me & Cham, just to be fair. Viva las Mamas!





P.S. I changed my template, too! Can I be part of "The Snake Club" now?
3 comments:
AW NO YOU DI'INT!!!!
Just kidding. I love you for making these very concise observations. I swear I feel like I'm never going to look as good as the time before I got pregnant - which is ironic because I probably thought I was fat back then. WTF??? Little did I know! I'm slowly trying to accept my new "Mommy-body" with the love and care it deserves, but it takes time.
BTW, I have to send you an article - actually a fictional story about Kristen Bell, Jason Dohring, Joshua Jackson, and Katie Holmes. It's called "The Liberation of Katie Holmes, or, How Kristen Bell and Jason Dohring Saved the World from Scientology", or something like that. I can TOTALLY see the Logan/Veronica + Pacey/Joey comparison. I feel you, momma, I FEEL YOU!!!!
i just have to laugh. i just read your blog, and then went into kimay's comments, and was like, "what the hell am i reading about again?!" you guys are HILARIOUS! i have no idea what's going on on veronica mars, but i have to admit, i'm intrigued....
as for the pictures, yes, exactly why i stay away from pictures of me too. but the pictures you posted are GORGEOUS!!! i love the one of 'ti julie and chamina in (tagaytay?) lolas/ nonas are so beautiful.
I love this entry! It's funny cause i've have closet full of skinny clothes that i'm determined to wear some day, and a little section of fat girl status clothes that i currently wear all the time. The funnier part is that the shirt i'm wearing in the pic of me and Leelai at Disneyland is the same shirt i'm wearing today at work! Damn fat girl status clothes....
Post a Comment