

Chamina & I spent the better part of Saturday looking for a pumpkin to take home to Daddy. We hitched a ride with Tia Melon, Uncle Shevitz (that's what Chamina calls him), and Marley to the Cal Poly Pumpkin Festival and spent some time on "The Great Pumpkin Search of 2006". The day was blazing hot (or to quote Melon "the #@#$% hottest day of the year"-- swear word added), so tempers flared pretty early on. Chamina got sick of pumpkins somewhere between tripping/falling on a dried vine, and finding a rotten pumpkin with flies nesting in it (she and Marley were quite offended). After miraculously finding some decent ones, we beat a hasty retreat to the nearby Cal Poly Piggly-Wiggly for some much-needed snacks and air-conditioning. Melon and I tried again to entice the wee ones into some more activities, but Marley seemed tired and Chamina flatly declared; "I no want pangkins. No more pangkins, Mamma. NO." *Sigh*

That being said, we grabbed lunch and headed back to Melon's place. The girls got to eat their chicken nuggets and cheeseburgers and watch Dora in peace. We had such fun, Chamina pitched a fit when it was time to go home! And later, when her Daddy asked her if she had fun at the pumpkin patch, she said "Yes! I luff pangkins!"

Contemplating the meaning of life... and pumpkins
2 comments:
Hahaha! I love your story better than mine!
HILARIOUS! why is she so damn cute? it's so funny how she suddenly LOVED the day's activities when she actually felt tortured as she was doing it. love her. muah.
Post a Comment