Chameans celebrated Year 4 with a grand kiddie-birthday party for 15 of her closest cousins and school friends. I loved it, since all I had to do was show up! Their birthday package included mostly everything: decorations, cake, pizza & drinks, lots of tokens, and a couple of birthday goodies for the special kid. All Egger & I brought were favors, balloons, and the ice cream.
Pizza!
Tee loves his Auntie Gigi
Cham with Niko & Zack
It's also fantastic in that the program's tailored for the short-attention span: there was just enough time to eat pizza, then off the munchkins ran to play games and spend their tokens. When they were ready for something else, out came Chucky (yikes!) and the cake (yum!). Then it was time to go home, and I didn't even have to clean up (YAY!). It all felt positively decadent. The only downside I could think of is you have to share the space with the 5 other kids who have birthday parties, and it could feel a bit assembly-line-ish when you hear "Happy Birthday" sung 5 different times. But to a 4-year-old, that's really a minor detail. All Cham cared about was that everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to her and that she got a gold medal from a big, scary mouse.
"Happy birthday to YOU!"
The grandparents & cousins came over afterwards for a chill afternoon of BBQ and so Egger could put his new patio set to good use. Lee Lai & Cham ripped open presents and played until the sun came down.
Setting up their favorite toy, the Tea Cart set
The Jam
Nonna & Tee
More conversation and more food: carne asada, Nonna's tinola, leftover cake & ice cream-- as Melon put it that evening, "Ahhh, this was a good day."
Enjoying the outdoors
Shevitz & Egger: together foreverSpecial shout-out to Tia Bina: THANK YOU for taking all the fabulous pictures!
6 comments:
We had such a great time! We HAVE to do it again! Any day where the kids can play and food is to be eaten.. i'm there! I'm officially upgrading myself from "Fat Girl" status to "Fat Ass" status... and i'm damn proud of that!
LMAO!! "shevitz and egger... togetha foreva". so glad you found your camera! i loaf, and we had so much fun!!
I noticed that Bina photographs things in an artsy-fartsy way. Her pictures always look good. I, on the other hand, take a picture and it ends up being a quarter of a persons head, and over exposed (think 16 Candles).
I second that comment by Melon about Beans and her artsy-fartsy photography. I didn't even put the ones she took of the flowers in the backyard, and some of Chameans and her cake with natural light...
Waaaah!! I'm so sorry we missed it!!! You know how much I love a "Chacky" Cheese party. Hasn't Jilly had like 3 or 4 of them? I can't believe how big Tee is!! I thought my sisters were exaggerating, but he has grown so much!!! Manuel y Edgardo por vida!!!
We had fun that day too! We were so happy to be a part of that day. Chuck E Cheese is the BEST!
Post a Comment