
We went on a (very) short trip to San Francisco for Daddy's 35th birthday. It was a blast! Having ridden in a car for 6 hours with the kiddies before (Las Vegas), I wasn't anxious to repeat the experience, so we flew instead. It was much shorter than a car ride and therefore better, but the trip was not without its hiccups (or more accurately, its barf incidents).
On the way there, Tee was happily snacking away on goldfish, honey nut cheerios, and sipping cran-apple juice. As we descended, he seemed his smiley, mellow self, when all of a sudden, he just projectile-vomited all over Egger's hand. Seeing and smelling the vomit made Cham (not to mention me) queasy too, so Egger and I rushed to clean it up before we had an even bigger mess to contend with. The funny part was, right after he made suka, Tee was back to normal, grinning at all the other passengers while we sopped up the bright red, stinky drool off his face. Silly kid.
Granted, he'd only been on a plane one other time before this trip. He also did much, much better on the flight back home, so it was all good.The stay was wonderful full of fun, touristy things to do and great people to spend time with. We stayed at a hotel that was close to pretty much everything, so we mostly walked or took public transportation. When we needed a car, Egger just rented a Zipcar for a couple of hours to take us around. Cham & Tee especially enjoyed meeting and playing with their aunties and uncles, whether it was at Pier 39 or Golden Gate Park, Fremont or the Chinese restaurant where we celebrated Egger's birthday.We didn't get to see everyone we wanted to, but that just gives us an excuse to go up for another visit soon. The family and friends we did manage to hang out with showed us a fabulous time (many, many thanks)!
Pointing out the smelly sea lions at Pier 39
Hanging out at our hotel
Uncle Mike & Auntie Ida's home away from home
Knocked out
Conservatory of Flowers, Golden Gate Park

Getting some love from Tia Maryann
The Golden Gate Bridge mandatory tourist photo
Happy 35th Birthday, Daddy!








2 comments:
You are so descriptive, I can smell the barf from here. Poor guy probably got a bubble! You make traveling look so much fun. Now that I don't have to change a diaper, maybe we'll follow your example. Glad you guys had fun. Oh, and I like your hair!
oops! Mitor is the one who posted . I don't know what button I pushed!
Post a Comment