Are we really on the last day of March? Where is this year GOING?!? My second-born's second birthday came and went, and I haven't even written about it in here yet. Bad mommy!This being March, the weather was, of course, a major player in the planning stages of the party. We were going to have the shindig at the Zoo just like his big sister's second birthday bash, but the weather gods conspired against us. The entire week before the party, it was rainy then sunny, rainy again, then sunny. The gods were messing with our minds. I decided to just bite the bullet and switch venues mid-week. We ended up having it at the local My Gym that Tee attends.
What. A. Blast.

The cake was made by an old friend of mine from junior high. As luck (and Facebook) would have it, we reconnected in the past year, and had some fun planning the cake for Tee. She started baking cakes as a hobby when she lost her job a year ago, and got rave reviews. Now she's back working full-time, the cake-baking is still going strong, and she's pregnant with #4, to boot! I thought I was busy...
Playing with his homegirl Myrna
"I'm not sure if I like this, but okay."
The kiddie-rave: where are their glow-sticks?
Everyone and their mother (and father) got sick the very next day, which just goes to show how great of a party it was (germs were shared!). Tee still says "Appy, boor-day!" randomly, to this day, followed with the brightest smile you'll ever see on a kid. Thanks to all of you who shared in our fun!




No comments:
Post a Comment