Bringing Home Baby
So, I didn't think I'd get sucked into it again, but I'm watching those baby shows like I did 4 years ago while I was pregnant with Chameans and on bedrest. Back then, I was obsessed with how my labor was gonna go, so I watched "A Baby Story" whenever possible. This time, however, I have a dark, sadistic fancy watching others go through the sleep deprivation experiments I'm currently enduring, so I watch "Bringing Home Baby" on TLC. Anyone watch that show? Cameras follow a family around for the first week of their newborn's life. It's morbidly fascinating to see the deterioration taking place in the parents' minds as time drags on. One new mom said it best when she remarked, "Everyone always talks about how painful labor is. I'd rather go through labor once a week for a year, if it means I don't have to do this for first 6 weeks of my baby's life!" So true, so true. Then again, what's not to love about this?
Check out Tee's high-waisted pants!
6 comments:
I was obsessed with "Bringing Home Baby" too! That and the 2 hours of "Dawson's Creek" (on a different channel). This was while I was on maternity leave with Boba, and BOY was I relieved to learn that I wasn't alone in my misery. Makes me wonder sometimes..."and I'm going to go through that, AGAIN???"
Motherhood! Ya gatta love it!
I've caught that show once in a while. I remember thinking, "Thank God it wasn't just me looking like crap." You know how you guys are always asking me how I did this and that when they were babies? I can never give you an answer because I think I have blocked that time frame out of my head!! I think I was just running on auto pilot!
I totally watch that show and now Nanny 911! I watched Bringing Home Baby and a Baby Story, because I was waiting around for MP to be born and I was trying to psyche myself out with the labor etc. What made me crazy was when they had the baby come home and the stuff wasn't friggin' assembled yet...like their cribs or strollers. I was sitting around pounding nails on the wall for no good reason because everything had been put together already. Or when the dads get grossed out with diapers then refuse to change them. I'm sorry, but REAL MEN change diapers.
OH! And I'm also watching a lot of John and Kate Plus 8. I'm obsessed with the large family shows and I love when they go grocery shopping. LOL! Then, there is a show on TLC that just gave up on creative titles and called it, "We have 15 Children" BAHA! But Nanny 911 is the best. Anyone watch that show??
Every once in a while i watch Nanny 911 or Super Nanny (i can't tell them apart). But i just love these parents who say their kids don't respect them. hmm... i wonder why?
Kid: I don't want to do my homework.
Parent: What the F*** is wrong with you! You lazy piece of sh*t! Worthless, you're SO worthless!
SHUT UP WHEN YOU'RE TALKIN' TO ME!
Post a Comment